I want to
apply for IDAL’s incentives
know if I qualify for IDAL’s incentives
request IDAL’s support through the BSU
know if I qualify for the BSU Support
to know what are the BSU services
know what are the steps to open a business
know what are the licenses and permits needed to open a business
know more about Investment Opportunities in Lebanon
operate in Lebanon
export from Lebanon
access Global ICT Bids
home › Business Support Unit › FAQs ›
Work, residency permits and employment contract
How to get a work and residency permit?
Please refer to this document.
How to apply for prior approval before arriving in Lebanon?

The foreigner can apply for a prior approval to practice a profession in Lebanon from the Ministry of Labor through the Lebanese mission abroad or an authorized representative of the foreigner who is in Lebanon.

Can IDAL facilitate the process?

Yes IDAL can facilitate the process of getting a work permit, through the consolidated office to pursue licenses. For more information please download our step-by-step guide to licenses and Permits in Lebanon.

What about employment in Lebanon?

For detailed information on employment contract, terms and termination of employment as well as special terms and conditions for Non-Lebanese workers please refer to this document.

What about the Lebanese Social Security System?

For detailed information about the Lebanese National Social Security Fund and for the cases where an employer is exempted from contributions click here.

Lazarieh Tower, 4th Floor, Emir Bechir Street, Riad El-Solh Beirut, Lebanon,P.O.Box 113-7251
+961 1 983306 Ext:286
+961 1 981302